Monday, June 29, 2015

I know this work is true and I love it!

Mom, 

I'm in little Utah! It's a brand new neighborhood called Summerwood, with a stake center! We serve in both the Summerwood ward (95% BYU graduates) and the YSA branch (95% future missionaries, returned missionaries and recent converts).  Our YSA "area" takes up all of Summerwood and Texas Houston East Stakes, so anybody from age 18 to 30 is fair game from Cleveland Texas to Baytown, to Pasadena, and almost Downtown, and who doesn't want to go to Luaus at President Lewis' backyard pool, chair soccer FHE, or movie night at Art Rascon's house? All we have to do is pray, bring the Spirit, and ask for referrals. Member missionary work! They do it here. We had 8 lessons with members last week, and only three of those had fewer than 2 members with us. Once we had 5.

My first week here was really fun! To be honest, I was expecting to be a District Leader in a Spanish area somewhere, and never expected to be here! It is a completely different mission from where I was just over 3 months ago, but the recipe is still the same: faith, hope, charity and love with an I single to the glory of God. 

My new companion is named Elder Stephenson from Ogden, he's incredibly fun, has tons of faith, and really wants to baptize! 

All that Spanish stuff will come in handy, even though it's not even close to a Spanish area because of all these young adults' parents and family. We've gone down to Broadway twice already to teach our investigator Jose (driving straight through my old areas of Channelview, Denver Harbor, Magnolia and Lockwood) whom was also found by a member! 

I know this work is true, and I love it! 

Elder Decker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment