Wednesday, April 22, 2015

No shortage of lightning and toad road-kill.

April 20, 2015

It's been a fun week, with no shortage of lightning and toad road-kill. I think I ate spaghetti 12 times.

I got to go on three different exchanges this last week. There are so many great missionaries our here, and I have so much to learn from them! Each missionary I've been with has his own struggles, testimony, and spiritual gifts. 

From what I read in Doctrine and Covenants, a Stake is like a mini-church. It has the presidencies, council of twelve and all. In fact, when our area seventy came to Stake conference, he told us: "President Howard is the prophet of your stake. We don't often talk of in those terms, but that's what he is." The Pine trails ward is preparing right now for ward conference next week. I definitely see the power in leadership. They are doing "rescue visits" all this week to invite less actives to both the conference, and to be part of the peanut butter manufacturing for the Bishop's storehouse.

We're really struggling right now in our area. I've been here three weeks now and we haven't taught anybody who's not a member more than once. I think I arrived here with way too much confidence in myself, and God's giving me a chance to be humble. I'm certain he wants us to bless His children, so I'm trying to learn whatever lessons He has for me as soon as I can so He gets a chance to do His work during this short time I'm here. I'm sure, like my trainer Elder Jones always reminded me, that: "angels are declaring it unto many at this time in our land; and this is for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word" Alma 13

Please pray that the Lord will pour out his Spirit upon this city. (Alma 8:10)

love y'all!

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment