Monday, March 9, 2015

Don't use a microwave.

March 9, 2015

Mom

We had a pretty fun week, we spent a lot of time away from our area preparing for zone mtg. We built "The Broadway Zone Beacon" and mounted it on PVC, made a T-shirt design, found the best weekly key-indicators for each area in the zone so they could start their own record boards, made programs and it feels like a thousand things more. It all went pretty well I think. President Rascon (famous Houston weatherman/ counselor in the mission Presidency) taught us about our "Unlimited potential" and reminded us of the Savior's promise: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." We also had a saxophone special musical number from Elder Danielson. One of our commitments was to make a "Personal Profile" after prayer and studying your patriarchal blessing full of "I am" and "I know" statements that represent the person we want to become, and to review it daily. "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" Prov. 23:7 I know that we're going to turn into someone no matter what we choose, and whoever that will be is our responsibility. I know we have the power to be whomever we choose, and that Jesus Christ's atonement is always available so that we can leave our mistakes behind, have the guidance of the Spirit, and let our weaknesses become our strengths. 

The Cinnamon rolls we made totally got our investigator to church yesterday, even unaccompanied by his less-active wife. The funny part is, after we dropped them off at his house I took a big bite out of one of them and realized they were absolutely awful. Don't use a microwave.

Love,
 
Elder Decker

 

No comments:

Post a Comment