Friday, February 27, 2015

Things work out perfectly

February 23, 2015

Mom,
 
My new companion, Elder Strong, came out with E Johnson and I and a bunch more. He's from Draper Utah, where he spent his days doing improv comedy. He's a pretty hilarious man, who's good at motivating people. He's also tons of ideas for the zone. 

 Last week was without a doubt the most fruitful I've had on my mission. The only reason for it is faith. Faith that the Lord has some one prepared for us the help receive the Gospel. Faith that He will provide if we obey, without fully understanding why. Faith that sacrificing to help someone else will be made up for. We set goals, made plans, and we followed them. Last night we found one woman whose 16 yr old son who recently got baptized in Monterrey is moving here this week. She had been searching for the church, and will be attending with him and her two other sons. Last night at about 8:40 we knocked into the most picturesque family I think I've ever even heard of. They sat down their four kids to listen to us as a family. They read the Bible together often, and want to know if they will see their Grandma again, and haven't joined a church because they doubt theirs is a right one. I don't have a doubt they'll be reading and praying. God in his goodness just made things work out perfectly. 

What we worked for and showed God we wanted, we got. "I ought not to harrow up in my desires the firm decree of a just God," says Alma "for I know that he granteth unto men according to their desire, whether it be unto death or unto life; yea, I know that he allotteth unto men, yea, decreeth unto them decrees which are unalterable, according to their wills, whether they be unto salvation or unto destruction." What we didn't do is everything in our power to help the people we know get to church, only one investigator came, and we didn't even teach him! So we'll repent and refocus and let God bless us.

Thanks for all the recipes!  

love y'all!

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment