Tuesday, February 17, 2015

I can't blame him, it's a good one.

Mom!

500 wasn't the zone, that was us.

Recipe?

Our investigator is going through a really tough time. He got a little too excited by all the money he was making and progress he was making. He decided to take the old job of construction back up, and ended up carrying loads and swinging a hammer with his bad arm (did I tell you about that? It's exactly like Justin's, only he's got no way to fix it.) He couldn't keep it up and lost that job. Then he found out he lost his case to have his old job where he got injured fix his arm. Ever since then he stopped reading the scriptures. Last week his car broke down on him when they went to see their cousin in the hospital. They missed church yesterday.

Our other investigator is stalwart as ever. Her boyfriend began working nights seven nights a week, so his progression has really slowed, and they see each other every Saturday for just a while so they haven't had the chance to get a marriage license. She just wants to be baptized now. She called us from the ward Valentine's day fiesta just to tell us what we were missing. There are few things as fun as explaining patriarchal blessings & the Doctrine and Covenants to somebody for the first time. 

Yesterday we taught a very interesting man named who has already been highly offended by a Bishop and believes we can't teach him anything about the Bible, but somehow has a fascination for the Book of Mormon. I can't blame him, it's a good one. So we tried to teach him a basic Restoration lesson, but he got a little bored talking about prophets and interrupted to tell us about life as a homeless person. The good thing is we know for certain he will read, something most members really struggle with.

As our 40 day fast comes to an end, I've been thinking a lot about what obedience means and the blessings it brings:

"For of him unto whom much is given much is required; and he who sins against the greater light shall receive the greater condemnation.

 Ye call upon my name for revelations, and I give them unto you; and inasmuch as ye keep not my sayings, which I give unto you, ye become transgressors; and justice and judgment are the penalty which is affixed unto my law...

I give unto you directions how you may act before me, that it may turn to you for your salvation.

I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

Section 82

I know God's just waiting to bless us! He loves us and knows what's best. 
Well it'll be a fun week, Elder Johnson's getting transferred and so is half the zone.
love y'all

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment