Monday, December 8, 2014

Back on Broadway!

December 1, 2014

Mom,

My companion is Elder Johnson, we were good buddies in the MTC, and have spent the last 15 months completely separated. I never imagined that I would be where I am now, which is actually BROADWAY! My area's called Magnolia, I serving in the same ward where I baptized Cesar Velasquez (who came to church yesterday!) and where I was from Dec to April last year. Elder Johnson is from St. George where he wrestled and played rugby. He is a very hard worker and very responsible. He only has 6 weeks in the area, so we were all surprised when his companion (who is about to go home) left him there.
Saying goodbye to Denver Harbor

We had a pretty busy day Thursday, and we shared it with all sorts of people, investigators, less-actives, great members, and the Bishop. Pie, pancakes, and plenty of turkey and pecans were a great treat. I hope someone gives us some turkey tacos this week. We are very busy with the "He's the Gift" campaign (http://www.mormon.org/christmas), letting everyone know about the greatest gift ever given.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.Isiah 9:6

Yea, he is the very Eternal Father of heaven and of earth, and all things which in them are; he is the beginning and the end, the first and the last;
And he shall come into the world to redeem his people; and he shall take upon him the transgressions of those who believe on his name; and these are they that shall have eternal life, and salvation cometh to none else.
Alma 11:39-40

I am excited to be back in Broadway, and excited at all the future has in store. I was excited to be reunited with many members, converts, and even investigators from my previous time in Broadway 2 and 3. The zone will have success. We definitely have some some very talented District leaders and Sister training leaders that we will be learning from and relying on.  I sometimes worry if what I do and say really can can make a difference for people. I know that I wouldn't have been called here if that were true. Thank you for your example of going to the Lord and focusing on Him as you try to do His work. I know there's no other way, because He has said:"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." I am grateful for the learning experience I know this has been and will be and just hope I can help someone else as well.

love you all!
 
Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment