Wednesday, October 15, 2014

We'll figure it out!

Mom,

I don't really have a bunch to say, but, for the first time on my mission, I have a bunch of pictures!

Yesterday I took a zillion pictures with all the Beloved Broadway 2 members I'm leaving here. It was good we had a baptism yesterday afternoon and everyone got together. The other Elders baptized Eric Delgado. He has his own testimony, and felt the Spirit lead him to make a commitment. It's powerful stuff.
 
Hermana Alvarengas
This is Hermana Alvarengas; she's a wonderful lady from El Salvador who makes bomb pasta.

Rodriguez family
Beloved Broadway 2 members
I saw the Rodriguez for the last time, they really love the missionaries. Viviana Rodriguez has been feeding me every Sunday and washing my clothes every Monday for six months! She has a special place in my heart and, like we missionaries always say, a cushy spot in the Celestial Kingdom. She lives with her daughter Eva and son Adan. 

Beloved Broadway 2 members

Hermano Palacios
Hermano Palacios is the best Principles of the Gospel teacher on the planet

Hermano Medina is a Mariachi man. They make steller pupusas and Salvadoranean steaks. Great people.


The greatest ward missionary hna Flores and the greatest ward mission leader in the world.  Hno Lopez actually is our landlord/ next door neighbor and fixes our smoke alarms and stuff

We did service for a certain elder lady named Marie on Saturday, she's teaches Catechism class at the Catholic church and is very sweet. We chopped trees and bushes, mowed her lawn, took out a step, and made her yard look spectacular. I was a good change of pace, and really fun. Afterward, she bought us 7 pizzas from little Caesars for the four of us. Right on. 
... okay six of us.

1 pound burger
Jacinto Rodriguez, Hermana Rodriguez' other son, took us to Kelly's and bought us four missionaries the legendary 1 lb. Burger. Which I ate. For real.  
I joined you in sickland yesterday morning, when my body completely rejected that same burger. For real.

Right now I'm just thinking about getting transferred tomorrow. I love packing;) It feels a little cruel to have to throw my whole life (again) into two suitcases and a backpack and a bicycle and all the pockets I can muster and plop somewhere new and change lives. But it's what we do, and it's fun.


It was a great blessing to serve here. I've tried to do my best to help other people, and see only how much good being here has done for me. I am grateful to be a missionary, thank you for making it possible! I know that God lives and that he cares about us. I know that He wants us to be happy, even when things aren't going well, even though we and everyone around us aren't perfect (yet). It makes such a great difference when we decide to work WITH God, instead of making Him pull and drag us. 

It looks like when I email y'all next I'll be serving in Denver Harbor where I'll leading a District or something like that. We'll figure it out.

I love you Mom 

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment