Thursday, May 8, 2014

Enjoy the craziness!

Mama

My new area is not too far away. It's called Broadway 2 East. It's actually the area where the chapel I've been going to all year is located. It's quite a bit bigger, with tons of members, and we have a car with 500 miles a month. This new area has already been a really good change for me. A great chance to start fresh, make some changes, and do some work. My new comp Elder Dennis is a great guy who works hard, has an open perspective, and makes things fun. He's from Anchorage Alaska and just finished getting trained. Our address is: 

2926 Dover st
Houston, TX
77017

My first week here was surprisingly tranquil. Even though we got lost a bunch of times and had some other struggles is was fine. I felt watched over.

Something I really want to do is know and work with the members, there sure are a lot here in Broadway 2. That's where the awesome referrals, the support, and members present lessons will come from. I really have a desire to bring people to church. That is something I didn't think would be so hard. I need to try to help people make that THEIR goal, not just my goal or God's goal. 

My testimony of two different topics grew a lot last week as we taught two different people. The first was a guy that doesn't believe in the New Testament because of supposed conflicts it has with the Old Testament. This guy refuses to go to any church, believe in Jesus Christ, or eat pork because of what he has studied in the Bible. I am really excited to show him the Book of Mormon, which clarifies so many things, that proves the Bible is true, the Jesus is the Christ and shows that God never stops loving and communicating with his children. 

The other person was a lesson active who just moved here from Mexico. She stopped attending church and her life really went downhill when she had a child out of wedlock 4 years ago. As she described the loneliness, stress, and guilt she feels about being away from her daughter, and making big decisions about whether or not to move back to Mexico and if she should get married, I realized what a huge blessing being chaste really is. 

I know now more than ever that The Book of Mormon is God's word that was written for our day, and that Chastity is a real eternal commandment bringing real eternal happiness.

Enjoy the craziness, and think about how proud God is of Trevor and Jill too!


Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment