Thursday, April 17, 2014

May be strange, but it will change your life.

Mom,

Elder Downey had his birthday yesterday. We sprayed down the zone leaders van with silly string when they came to get us for church. Sometimes we just have to be 18 year olds (well now 19).

I've had a few realizations in the last week. I can't even begin to complain about how the ward is run until I've done everything I can to make it work. I can't just skip Sunday school because it is taught poorly, I have to go prepared, with a manual, and do everything I can to make sure the investigators and members there have a good experience.

We did quite a bit of knocking last week and found somebody awesome. He actually stopped going to Catholic church a while back because he got offended in the middle of his "communion" process. He wants to be a good example to his little brothers and follow God, but just doesn't know how. We taught him with a lot of unity and the spirit was really present. We are excited to see him again. We also taught our other investigator again last night. He is really concerned about finally starting to live his life after so many years locked up, he is worried about his mom with cancer and he wants to find some peace. It may be weird, but I never get sick of watching The Restoration. Every time I see something new. We shared it with him and promised him that, as strange as it may seem, what started in a grove of trees almost 200 years ago will in reality change his life, reinvigorate his faith in Jesus Christ, and bless his family.

Love,

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment