Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It is real

We were able to go to the Houston Texas Temple on Saturday morning. We woke up at 4:30 that morning, and drove up with our ward mission leader. Liz left her kids at home, and her parents who had come to visit, so she could come to the temple. Despite objections from friends and family, she continues to learn and grow in the Gospel.
 
 I was able to be participate as a witness to about two hundred baptisms for the dead. The Temple is beautiful place, tucked away up north almost in a forest of trees. It sharply differs from the hundreds and hundreds of other churches, prayer houses, and worship centers I see here in Texas. It is real. It has power.

Do ya'll remember Elder Ballard's talk from conference? If each member of the church reaches out to just one before Christmas, millions will feel the Savior's love. Have you done that yet?

That's crazy that Kody is leaving right now. When you told me about his call, I thought it was ages away. That's super cool that he's going to be where I just was, and during Christmas! El Centro de Capacitacion Misional Mexico is one of my favorite places, and President Pratt is phenomenal.

There hasn't been snow in this part of the world for something like 14 years, so be a little grateful over there.

We're having another baptism this week!

Luis is was more prepared for the Gospel than anyone I've ever met. He had a life changing experience in September that really made him want to change, he began coming to church on his own, and has almost attended as many sacrament meetings here as I have! He has accepted everything we teach him with a lot of enthusiasm. 

I am grateful for the privilege to serve here. I couldn't possibly ask for any more. My companions are excellent missionaries, the ward is strong, and there are many people to teach.

And now it's Christmas.

Elder Decker 

No comments:

Post a Comment