Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Epic mouse battle

Dear Mother,

I am now actually working in the big, grand, blessed city of Houston Texas. In fact, our area is the closest in the mission to downtown. The big bright skyline is right out the back window. There are times we have to be careful not to leave our area/district/ward/zone/stake/mission/universe. My companion's name is Elder Thomas from Ogden Utah. He's relatively new compared to my last 3 companions, so it's a big change.

Elder Thomas just opened our area in October. There are few members, active or otherwise, and very few investigators. We are starting small, but there is a lot raw material to work with. As in Pasadena, there are a lot of people willing to listen from us, or more likely, talk at us inside their home. It's tricky figuring out how to spend our time wisely and in the right places. We still haven't mastered ending conversations with highly drunken folks, homeless people, or JW's. Most people speak spanish which is good news for us.

Our apartment is very new, but I found it with a ladybug infestation and now we've been epicly battling a mouse for days. It's been fun.

Everday I see how great a blessing the Restored Gospel is. People really are lost and confused and in need of what we have. I am privileged to be where I am and to do what I do.

We're doing well. I can speak Spanish. The Church is true. Christmas is great. Follow the prophet. hablaramos este Miercoles.


Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment