Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Chihuahuas and Christmas yard inflatables

This last week went well, and there was certainly a lot to learn. It was interesting to be finishing my first transfer in the field just as Elder Erickson completed his last. I was privileged to be his companion, and to learn so much from him.

The zone ended the transfer well with 4 separate baptisms, and 4 services. Each of those (now mormon!) children of God are coming to Christ and entering his fold. It was amazing to see the excitement and energy as so many made the enormous commitment to join the Lord's church. The Great Zone of Pasadena had two baptisms on Saturday (one english-yikes white people), and two on Sunday. Elder Erickson drove out to Umble for a wedding Saturday night, then he went back Sunday night for the baptism. Sunday morning was our baptism, then the Pasadena South Elders had another one after church. Sunday I got sick and was puking during Gospel Principles class, but after two jugs of pedialyte and a P-day, I'm fresh as can be. It's just been really busy and confusing and great. We crammed a ton of eating appointments in right before Elder Erickson left, right in the midst of my digestionary digression. We even met our extremely recent convert at Ranchito's for breakfast this morning at 7:30.

We baptized a lady on Sunday. She is amazingly energetic and excited by the Gospel. She has a lot to learn, and a long way to go, but she truly has a broken heart and contrite spirit and definitely was qualified for baptism. We will be careful to watch over her and continue to strengthen her. There field is certainly white for the harvest here in Pasadena, we need only to spend our precious time wisely. And then, just let the spirit work through us to get the work done.
I got a new companion something like 2 hours ago. His name is Elder Smith; he is from Payson Utah. I don't really know anything about him, but he seems great. He, Elder Jones, and I are gonna do some work.

2 things extremely prevalent in Pasadena right now- Chihuahuas and Christmas yard inflatables. 

My testimony, confidence, and ability to speak the language is improving. Spanish is really messing with my head. It's like I can't speak either language anymore. I've been reading from The Book of Mormon in Spanish, it does a marvelous work and a wonder.

I am grateful for the transfer meeting today, and for the spirit I felt there. It was energizing to see so many missionaries and their enthusiasm.
  
Enjoy

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment