Saturday, August 24, 2013

Spanish is pretty importante.

 Elder Decker was set apart as a missionary on Monday, August 20th, at 5 p.m. We left at 5:45 a.m. the next morning to be to the airport on time. We are obedient! I didn't know if I could say goodbye, but I did it. We received this letter from Zach Tuesday night. He's ready. 

August 20, 2013

Check out that spectacular watch.
It turns out that knowing Spanish in Mexico is pretty importante. Who would've thought?

I haven't really done anything yet, I sat through a long, long plane ride to Georgia, got absolutely no layover or whatever I just got right on the next plane. I haven't eaten anything all day except cookies, peanuts and pretzels. So it's pretty much hungry town down here. It was pretty legit flying over the Gulf of Mexico, clouds are big. This keyboard is kind of Mexicañ and fuñky. Some people here know even less Spanish than I do. ha.

Well don't feel like I have much to write about, I was safe beyond belief. The biggest threat right now is definitely the mosquitoes. It's kind of funny that there is often English in small print under the large Spanish print- just the opposite of America. Mexico City looks exactly like the movies, houses built way up the mountains, tarps covering windows and roofs, and motorcyclists darting in and out of traffic.

I got my tags just a few minutes ago = now I'm legit
 
The green magnet on the back of my tag is literally labeled GREEN MAGNET. Classy.

I hope you guys all rock school, and please realize that it's over at 2:15, you can handle it.

My new watch is pretty spectacular. I can tell the time- anytime
 
Have fun guys and remember to read your scriptures, because before you know it, you too will be relearning those scriptures in another language.

hasta la vista

Elder Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment